Advanced Application Engineer PSD
3M - Johannesburg, Gauteng
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M in searching for Advanced Application Engineer in Johannesburg, South Africa to develop our Personal Safety Business (PSD) in Sub-Sahara & SADC Area.
- Closely cooperate with sales & marketing team to drive growth in PSD by participating in customer collaboration
- Act as product expert in a team (for full range of products in Personal Safety Division)
- Provide input on application development and product commercialization.
- Utilize e-tools to interact with target customers (social media, YouTube channel, sales force, webinars etc). Delivers customer and market focused training online as well as offline
- Participate in field trials and evaluates local competition and/or market practices.
- Learns industry standards, practices, and regulations; harnesses insights from market and customer process expertise.
- Acquires general knowledge and understanding of the organization, the product line, and the customer base.
- Technical Contribution:
- Conducts assigned technical tasks that produce accurate, timely results used for decisions within an area of technical specialty at a project level.
- Completes self-initiated and assigned technical activities leading to new application replication that can have significant impact potential at a program level.
- Utilizes understanding of project scope, expectations, and requirements to suggest future direction based on results.
- Applies technical skills to provide support and services to external customers and one or more of the following: application development, internal customers, product localization/converting, technology development, process development, life cycle management, manufacturing support, quality, and product support.
- Provides product and application support to customers to expand opportunities and reduce risks.
- Communicates results of assigned technical tasks to PSD and/or appropriate technical community.
- Bachelor or higher degree at Occupational
- Knowledge of EN & US Standards for PPE products
- Strong presentation and trainers skills - love to work with audience
- Problem solver attitude, technical thinking focused on finding a solution
- Comfortable with remote management
- Territory management experience will be an advantage
- Great collaborator, team-player
- Multitasking and good organization of work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Openness to take on new challenges, quick learning
- Computer literacy, Excel & PowerPoint fluency is a must
What we offer:
- interesting and challenging job with fantastic line of products (you can learn more about products portfolio here - https://bit.ly/2kEtUyo)
- competitive compensation package
- personal and professional growth opportunities
- international and inclusive work environment
At 3M, diversity & inclusion are essential to innovation. We seek and value differences in people!As an equal opportunity employer, 3M will not discriminate against any applicant.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.