Application Engineer - Automotive Aftermarket Application
3M - Johannesburg, Gauteng
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
We are currently looking for a new Application Engineer to join our EMEA Automotive Aftermarket ApplicationEngineering team based in Atherstone, Warwickshire.
Location –Based at 3M Atherstone with 20-30% travel around the EMEA region.
Salary - £high-reaching dependent on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package.
- 25 days paid annual holiday, rising to 30 days with service, plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory SMART Stakeholder Pension Scheme with up to 10% employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary
- General Employee Stock Purchase Plan providing the opportunity to purchase 3M stock at discounted rates
- Discount on 3M products
- Employee discount scheme providing preferential rates across major UK retailers and service providers
- Reduced subscriptions on various insurance schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial support for further education
3M’s Application Engineers are product and process experts who help develop and deliver relevant customer solutions and bring new products to the market.
The successful candidate will work with our product development teams in the UK and Worldwide, and will drive the penetration of our most recent new product introductions across EMEA and globally.
- Technically lead new product commercialisation activities for the EMEA region for 3M’s Paint and Finish Portfolio, and help to build competitive value propositions for effective new product introductions.
- EMEA regional product expert for 3M’s Automotive Aftermarket Paint Finishing portfolio.
- Harness insights from market and customer processes to:
- Create compelling technical arguments for the use of 3M technologies.
- Generate intellectual property.
- Define new applications.
- Create market focused technical publications.
- Generating and interpreting data, from both internal and field tests, and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver e-media content for new product introductions and customer process training, including webinars, for replication across EMEA.
- Work with key industry stakeholders (e.g. paint companies) to shape industry standards, practices and regulations.
- Gain detailed knowledge of 3M and its competitors, identifying and driving opportunities to grow this business across the EMEA region.
Skills, experience and key capabilities
- Complete understanding of how an automotive body shop works and functions, and technically competent in all areas of the repair process.
- Ability to work to strict and often tight deadlines while prioritising opportunities, balancing the urgent and the Important.
- Aware of external industry, paints technology and competitive trends and their potential impact on 3M and Customers.
- Aptitude for presentation to and training a variety of different audiences and at multiple levels including delivery of webinars and other forms of e-media.
- Results orientated, confident, with excellent commercial awareness
- Regular travel across the UK and EMEA region is required. Driving license essential.
- Capable of working with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working with Intellectual property (IP) and the 3M processes.
- Development of strong internal and external relationships.
- Innovative mindset always looking at how to positively disrupt the norm to drive greater value for 3M and our customers.
- Significant relevant industry experience in motor vehicle Collision repair
- NVQ level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Paint Refinishing, vehicle body and paint or equivalent.
Working at 3M
Unleash your potential.
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.
Move up - or move in new directions.
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
Please note – the closing date for applications is Friday 31st January 2020
Typical Recruitment Process:
- 1st Interview – 3M Atherstone
- 2nd Interview / Recruitment Selection Day – 3M Atherstone
- You will be required to complete a variety of assessments meaningful to the job requirements
Interviews will be held at 3M Atherstone during February 2020
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity with 3M!
At 3M, diversity & inclusion are essential to innovation. We seek and value differences in people!
As an equal opportunity employer, 3M will not discriminate against any applicant.
If you want to discover more about D&I at 3M, please visit http://go.3M.com/4i9C
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.