Customer Service Representative
3M - Johannesburg, Gauteng
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
- Handles varied customers transaction; including inbound calls, service complaints, general product inquiries, customer order entry and servicing customer accounts; communicate with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identify and implement service solutions; monitor progress using service measurement systems; identify areas to improve communications and efficiency of operations through continuous improvement efforts
- handles customer inquiries/complaints of moderate scope and complexity such as product returns/exchanges, pricing issues, product promotions, where to buy products etc.
analyze, recommends and suggests alternative solutions to meet customer needs and/or specific needs
- builds credibility and trust with 3M customers by providing value added services such as recommendations for product applications, promotional opportunities, order enhancement, related sales etc.
- performs order management including shipping routings, order consolidation, import/export, expedites, investigates customer billing issues
review purchase order requirements to ensure compliance with 3M terms and conditions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a customer focused environment
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Microsoft Excel Proficient
- Order Management expertise
- Claims Management expertise
- Excellent communication skills (ability to communicate with external & internal stakeholders, manage customers’ queries and complaints, etc.)
- Ability to create, interpret and analyse data
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional basis and interact with other contacts/departments within the business teams (locally and regionally)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in the Health care industry (preferred)
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers
- SAP expertise is a plus.
What we offer:
- challenging and interesting job in great team
- exciting line of products
- competitive salary and benefits package
- opportunities for professional and personal development
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an Equal opportunity employer and as part of our recruitment strategy we aim to promote and develop from Internal. Let us work together to develop your career within 3M.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.