Customer Service Specialist, French
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Are you a customer-obsessed individual with a passion for solving problems and driving an innovative and fast growing business?
Amazons Kindle Content Customer Service team supports multiple Amazon publishing program that provide self-service tools for publishing e-books and printed books. The CS Specialist will be the front line interface between Amazon and the content providers who use these tools to upload content they want to put up for sale on the Kindle store. The CS Specialist will serve as the primary support interface for customers using the system and ensure all their concerns are duly attended to such that the system works smoothly. Opportunities await strong candidates looking for a fast growing, dynamic, challenging, innovative, and fun work environment.
We are seeking a driven, experienced professional to work directly with a specialized segment of authors and content providers. The CS Specialist will play a critical role by working directly with authors/publishers while learning from them so that we can create the best-in-class customer experience for them.
The ideal candidate must be able to work at the strategic level and at the tactical level (managing customer experience, operations, analyzing data, and solving problems). We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successful vendor/account/customer relations, using customer insight and data to identify and prioritize opportunities. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will be a key to success. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
· Demonstrate timely, accurate, friendly and professional Customer Service (CS)
· Meet or exceed quality and productivity goals assigned by management
· Demonstrate clear written and oral communication
· Demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when resolving customer issues
· Demonstrate knowledge and use of departmental resources, policies and procedures
· Effectively use available tools in order to provide an accurate response and an exceptional customer experience
· Draft SOPs, references, policies or blurbs to improve the customer experience and/or internal efficiency
· Recognize and pro-actively communicate system issues, process issues, and customer feedback trends to management
· Consistently improve content provider and customer experience by delivering superior customer support, and by relentlessly advocating for content providers
· Exceed customer expectations by going above and beyond
· All other duties as assigned
· Matric or equivalent
· 1+ years customer service experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
· Ability to navigate multiple computer systems and platforms
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Fluent in French and English language in written and verbal communication
· Bachelors Degree
· 2+ years previous experience in a customer service environment
· Experience in digital media and knowledge of the publishing industry is a plus
· Previous publishing experience advantageous.
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
· Proficient in Outlook, MS office applications, and CS systems
· Experience working with customers via email and over the phone.
· Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality; deal with ambiguous situations
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to accomplish goals
· Experience in identifying opportunities to simplify and/or automate complex processes.
· Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to understand problems that vendors are facing, categorize, document, and decide on course of action on when and to whom to escalate
· Detail oriented and process focused. Must be able to follow the process and document interactions as per requirements in clear and concise manner
· Identify lapses in communication between internal teams and work with those teams to ensure that Indie Publishing is not surprised about new product launches
· Ability to communicate effectively and act as an influencer and ambassador on behalf of Kindle Content.