Customer Solutions Manager
Amazon - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Amazon is continuously striving to be the most customer-centric company in the world. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been helping over one million customers in over 190 countries, from Airbnb to GE, to deliver flexibility, scalability and reliability across their organizations. Behind this success are the exceptionally talented, bright and driven individuals who work hard, have fun and make history.
Life at Amazon, and Amazon Web Services (AWS), is about thinking big and obsessing over what customers really need, changing the way technology is applied, and being bold and brave with your ideas. You will get the opportunity to learn and develop your skills, work with some of the brightest and most influential people in the IT industry, and be a trusted contributor to the success of our partners and of our customers.
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Solutions Manager you will be responsible for helping guide AWS customers along their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this new, highly visible, role you will be ensuring that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with sales, solutions architecture, professional services teams, and our customers. You will work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate with customers. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. You will evangelize on behalf of AWS and influence customers at an executive level to allocate the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your teams decisions and help us drive robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, while understanding and identifying opportunities for customers.
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS products and services.
· Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement.
· Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practices implementations.
· Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team.
· Travel will be required as necessary, up to 35% of your time.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, or a related field
or 10 years of large scale IT deployment or program experience.
· 3+ years of experience with enterprise scale infrastructure or development-based cloud programs/projects in a related industry
· 7+ years of experience in enterprise IT, either as a vendor, consultant or have prior experience working with or managing technical programs
· Ability to travel as neccesary
• Direct experience implementing AWS services is highly desirable, but not required
• Thorough understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery and/or IT solutions or project lifecycles.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
• Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
• Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
• AWS or other cloud certifications are highly desirable
• PMP and/or SCRUM/Agile, SAFe certified
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail