Group Manager VCS
Amazon - South Africa, all the provinces
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver world class service to our customers.
Amazon is looking for Group Manager to work virtually from home who will have responsibility for up to 90 associates and direct line management of 4-6 Team Managers.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world class experience. The role will require you to be a gatekeeper to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain exclusively focused on supporting their associates and ensuring defects do not get sent down the line to associates. To enable Team Managers to exclusively focus on supporting their people, your role will be to oversee the operational delivery of the teams in your remit.
The ideal Group Manager ensures that Team Manager priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon CS Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your teams, this will require you to work with key support functions such as site Work Flow and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take action to improve the service level and quality of performance. You will be an escalation point for your Team Managers and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience and will lead Kaizen events to solve people or customer issues. You will represent your team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. You will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate launches, messaging or reviews are required.
· Candidates must have completed a Matric/Grade 12/NQF4 or equivalent of higher qualification (S)
· Minimum two years people management experience in Amazon CS or minimum four years people management experience in a similar role
· Experience directly leading a team(s) of people or leading leaders who lead teams of people
· Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
· As a leader of leaders understands how to nurture and develop leadership skills
· Strong written, verbal and listening skills
· Positive communicator who understands when necessary to have tough conversations
· Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy
· Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approachability
· Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery
· Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews
· Assist and support the creation of operational plans to support peak ramp up and down within your area of control aswell as readiness for your business launches
· Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer or partner in key process or policy changes
· Builds plans to test and experiment new approaches to service delivery
Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
· Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
· Takes action on issues escalated from within the team, works with the rest of the business to bring issues to resolution.
· No preferred qualifications listed at this time, refer to basic qualifications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and Employment Equity within the workplace, and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.