IT Support Assoc II
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Amazon's Client Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful Technical Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
· To provide a 2nd / 3rd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met.
· To review, write and execute change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
· To provide an out of hours on call support service on a Rota basis, to provide 24/7 support to the site.
· To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· To escalate system and network issues to dedicated support teams and work towards resolution.
· Project Management including acting as a single point of contact for projects, to provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
· To carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
· Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as IT lifecycle.
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
· Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
· Prioritizing tech teams work schedule and projects.
· To assist other members of the EU wide Client Support Services Team.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability required.
· Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Linux/Unix System Support.
· MS Windows System Support, Windows Server (AD, DHCP, DNS, File/Printer etc.) understanding.
· Networking / Cisco knowledge LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
· Apple Mac experience also desirable.
· Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation to lower the possibility of repeat incidents.
· Ability to coordinate with different corporate departments to implement IT changes to policies and processes.
· Project management technical task execution.
· Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Basic IT competencies, Hardware and Software troubleshooting