Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Be a part of operating the worlds largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Specialist positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Specialist reviews datacenter inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Datacenter Operations Technicians and Datacenter Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations.
The ideal Logistics Specialist will dive deep into data to understand everything about the datacenter asset lifecycle. Working with software development teams, they will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. They maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for internal and external suppliers and management as required.
Responsibilities include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They will also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, they will have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Specialist will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
Logistics Specialist is expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high levels of quality and be willing to travel to support other location within and outside the Country.
· Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management related studies
·2+ years experience as a logistics professional supporting inventory cycle counts, shipments, maintenance and stock control functions
· Review and process of tickets via our internal tool for parts requests and stock replenishment.
· Strong understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory and warehousing practices.
· Generation of metrics for daily and weekly reviews.
· Problem-solving and analytical ability
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
· Knowledge of main Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
· Valid driving license
· Relevant Degree/ Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
· Experience of working within a complex logistics set-up within a data center
· Project Management experience
· Good knowledge of IT and network equipment
· Ability to identify issues, develop solutions and drive results
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.