Partner Development Manager
Amazon - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to manage our partnerships with the leading Systems Integrators, ISVs, Born-in-cloud-Solution Providers, Consulting & Service Delivery Partners, Distributors and other members of the AWS partner ecosystem.
As member of the AWS Commercial Sales (CS) Partner Team, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our strategy to build mind share and deliver key services that drive customer business outcomes.
The right candidate will have a track record of success in building, developing and managing channel partnerships in South Africa. She/he will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CxO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with customers.
The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions
Your responsibilities will include establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions. You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall AWS adoption with selected partners, across all market segments.
Role and Responsibilities
· Have a holistic view on the set of selected Partner and members of our ecosystem in the region and drive partner recruitment and partner optimization programs if and where appropriate
· As member of the Partner Team be able to execute and deliver against the defined overall go-to-market strategy for the region
· Closely work and collaborate with the AWS field sales force and closely with each partners customer base to maximize success using our web services.
· Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the value of partners, engagement, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
· Engage each of the selected partners' field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
· Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
· Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
· Participate and contribute to the established business cadence as well as prepare and deliver business reviews with internal and external stakeholders
· Manage complex partner negotiations and serve as a liaison to the wider cross-function team with AWS
· Leverage existing partner programs and channel initiatives to drive development and evolution of the regional partner ecosystem
· Experience in engaging and influencing C-level executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in a customer and partner enterprise environment
· Strong sales and commercial acumen with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
· Experience in Partner sales or business development within the Software / IaaS/ Cloud / SaaS markets
· Experience working with diverse and complex partner ecosystems
· Demonstrated experience working with cross-function stakeholders including direct and channel marketing, product management, operations, account management teams, legal, finance etc.
· Excellent communication, and presentation skills, both written and verbal in English.
· Extensive work experience in commercial roles / sales management in the IT industry
· Experience and track record of success in leading and managing partner ecosystems / channels & alliances in South Africa
· Undergraduate degree in business administration or IT disciplines
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.