Principal Program Manager - Diversity & HR projects
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager to help us build and execute upon strategies, programs and policies to support our various inclusion and diversity initiatives in South Africa including our work on Employment Equity and BBBEE. We are seeking a talented individual who can pull together discreet pieces of work and work closely with multiple stakeholders to deliver ongoing, scalable, easy-to-use processes to drive transformational outcomes. This Single Thread Leader is required to ensure all the related activities and initiatives across South Africa are properly aligned and executed to achieve the greatest impact.
Specifically, the Program Manager will be responsible for the full project/program cycle, starting with concept and planning, then through implementation, training, and launch, ending with post-mortem, measurement and maintenance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to dive into data and turn ideas into action. You will propose and execute projects to improve our overall efforts on Inclusion and Diversity, deliver top notch experiences and deliver programs which support our team in delivering impactful results. You will be a part of a team that is led by curiosity, likes to get stuff done and have fun while doing it. There are many opportunities in this space to innovate and learn, experiment and pilot, and work closely with our business leaders as well as HR team. We are committed to drive improvements for our business and our people, supportive of our culture and as a result the experience for our customers. This role should also be accountable to provide updates (both in person and via reporting) to our legal entity directors who require this information to comply with their statutory responsibilities, and will provide the necessary oversight.
· Work closely with the EEP PM, BBBEE PM, and PMs for D&I programs/initiatives to compile and maintain a master Transformation Project Plan for all legal entities in South Africa
· Establish a mechanism to update the plan based on agreed actions and timelines with members of the business (and SMEs) responsible for Transformation
· Produce a Dashboard for the South Africa Leadership Team and legal entity directors of progress against milestones for EEP, BBBEE, and D&I plans on an agreed cadence
· Escalate non-conformance against plans first to those responsible, then to the SALT and South Africa boards of directors.
· Establish a South Africa Chapter of [email protected]. Include affinity group into the wider affinity groups programmes.
· Establish a funding model for the Chapter and agree mechanism for how different pillars will operate and be profiled
· Manage Stakeholders Relations: This role would be facing off not just to internal, but also external stakeholders in government and potentially media. So must be or get Amazon PR certified.
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
While a designated employee is highly preferred for this role, Programme Management expertise is essential. The role is to be based in Cape Town.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines ideally within an Operations and Supply Chain environment
· Proven collaboration skills
· Previous Experience in managing large-scale events.
· Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to be a long term planner
· Ability to work independently to meet workload and maintain a strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
· Proven track record of holding people to account for delivery of agreed project milestones.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally (~15%)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or equivalent) preferred.
· Experience driving Organization or site-wide Transformation