Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Amazon is seeking an exceptionally talented Recruiting Manager to help us find the best talent in the world to support our Customer Service team in South Africa. The Amazon recruiting team is seeking a talented, results oriented Recruiting Manager with a passion for delighting the client and candidate, to join our recruiting organization. You will partner with the business teams to focus on both strategy and execution of meeting hiring goals for high volume and leadership roles and work with a close-knit recruiting team of 6-8 recruiters.
Bring your recruiting industry expertise, passion for client service and commitment to viable talent strategy to Amazon, where you will be empowered to deliver world-class innovation and solutions and given the opportunity to grow partner relationships. The candidate should have strong business partnering and people development skills. This manager will partner closely with business leaders to build and execute against short term and long term Talent Acquisition strategy to deliver the necessary talent to support our increasing customer demand. This role will provide the opportunity to impact significantly the Consumer business as we continue our pursuit of being the most customer-centric company on the planet.
· Drive sourcing capability & capacity across Virtual and Brick&Mortar locations in South Africa to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels, including strategies for hiring foreign nationals (German)
· Deliver on hiring demands for High Volume Hiring (2000+ associates and 200 leaders per annum)
· Work closely with business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
· Inform global teams on sourcing best practices and to help those team deliver the right results for the business to achieve their talent demand goals each year.
· Partner with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and Recruiting Managers) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels where we can find the best, diverse talent who fit our technical and cultural demands.
· Build engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing staff in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
· Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
· Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
· Periodically lead and/or participate in cross-business/cross-company special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition.
· Track record of success in owning and executing the process to identify and attract talent for immediate business needs, as well as for critical long-term talent pipelines.
· Experience working with essential tools of the trade, including candidate hiring systems, resume databases, and internet sourcing tools, along with coaching a recruiting team to deliver results across all channels.
· Experience creating, measuring and scaling workflow between candidates, hiring managers and the recruiting team.
· Demonstrated business acumen, and experience working with large, complex organizations during periods of growth and change.
· Proven written and verbal communication, as well as influencing skills.
· Ability to travel internationally as required
· Ability to work virtually (from home) as required
· Completed three year tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related field
· 8+ years of recruitment/HR experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience managing a large, multi-site recruiting team and a minimum of 3+ years experience in delivering on large scale recruiting targets
· Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources or related field
· Foreign Language hiring at scale