Senior Account Manager - Education Public Sector
Amazon - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing Education accounts? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As an Education Sector Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology and increase adoption and market segment presence of the AWS Public Sector business in South Africa
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales / account management and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the executive level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You will be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Execute against the Education strategic plan (territory and accounts) working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. global and regional EDU team, solution architects teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services for different audiences and stakeholder levels (CxO)
· Help to drive business growth and expansion in a defined territory.
· Manage numerous accounts concurrently & long-term.
· Accelerate customer adoption.
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Extensive travel.
· Direct field sales experience in working with (Public & Private) Education sector Enterprise accounts
· Demonstrated business and education market experience across several South Africa geographies that drives engagement, and interact at the highest levels of government officials and educators.
· Must have a good understanding of Education industry trends and government procurement
· Substantial technology related sales, business development, and/or sales engineering/consulting experience
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; fluent in English
· Significant technology related sales or business development experience in Education.
· Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical and possess solid experience in business development or account management within Education (EdTech, K-12, Post-Secondary, Publishers) market segments.
· Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
· SaaS/Cloud experience.