Senior Site Leader AWS Customer Service
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazons Cloud Business is a hot area among the technical community as is discussed in this recent article. An example of AWSs leadership in the Cloud can be seen in Gartners most recent Cloud competitive assessment which named AWS as the leader for the 3rd consecutive year, 5 times larger than the next 14 providers combined. You can also read about our recent earnings that discussed the fast growth of Amazons $5B+ Cloud Business.
AWS Services is a self-standing business (P&L) within AWS and continues to be one of AWSs fastest and most innovative businesses. We build software and have engineers that help customers of all sizes, industries, and geographies successfully utilize the products and features provided by Amazon Web Services. Customers include very large enterprises (e.g. Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and Nokia); public sector companies (e.g. NASA JPL) as well as fast growing businesses and internet companies (e.g. Netflix).
As a member of the AWS Customer Service team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Customer Service has an opening based in Cape Town, South Africa,for a Customer Service site leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has strong operational, leadership and technical skills to set the vision and direction for the AWS Customer Service group currently located in 12 sites across the world to deliver a world-class customer experience and set a benchmark for customer service in the IT industry.
You will represent Amazon and AWS as your team fields inquiries from customers who need help using AWS services. You'll work directly with AWS engineering teams as well as product and service owners to drive tooling and process improvements to ensure a high quality, fast resolution customer experience. You'll drive customer communication during AWS critical events and drive projects that improve customer service related processes. You will act as the voice of the customer in AWS internal meetings. You will help AWS become the world's most customer centric IT provider.
The AWS Customer Service Site Leader in Cape Town will:
· Lead and manage 5-7 direct reports and 400+ indirect reports
· Be responsible for the delivery of operational metrics and service levels across all contact types on your team
· Advocate for AWS customers by understanding complex business processes within the AWS billing cycle and re engineering these processes to reduce customer effort
· Be the Voice of the AWS customer to ensure improvements are driven within service teams and self service capabilities within AWS.
· Drive customer communication during customer impacting events (e.g. outages, billing issue, price changes, etc.).
· Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within your organization and serving as a role model for the worldwide customer service network.
· Drive projects that improve customer support-related processes and our customers support experience
· Work with the other regional and site leaders who directly manage CS teams to influence operational execution in a matrixed organization.
· Plan and conduct periodic business reviews with AWS teams to influence and evangelize with Senior Leadership in AWS
· Ensure AWS customer feedback is incorporated into business plans, product roadmaps and feature development.
· 7+ years of experience in managing large scale operations (Customer Service or equivalent operational teams)
· Experience driving projects to improve support-related processes
· Experience in a customer facing environment
· Experience in a metrics based operational environment performing customer focused analytics.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
· Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings)
· Business English Proficiency
· Masters degree or equivalent, MBA is preferred
· Leadership experience managing changes and critical issues in a highly dynamic environment
· Experience with quality engineering, process improvement, and operational excellence
· Ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work seamlessly with both technical teams and business teams
· Ability to attract and develop the best talent
· Experience staying connected to the details of the business
· Inspirational people manager and adept at quickly growing an organization
· Experience with AWS, Cloud Computing or technical support industry
· Experience in the IT industry
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.