Senior Technical Program Manager
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Lead programs that improve the core EC2 services on which AWS is built. Amazon EC2 provides on-demand scalable compute capacity, and powers some of the largest web services in the world. You will collaborate with a top-tier community to understand the unique needs of EC2, and help define and execute initiatives that span the organization.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will have the autonomy, ownership, and responsibility to define and execute on programs on behalf of customers and to deliver new features and solutions that meet your customers rapidly expanding needs. Successful program managers are leaders who move fast, combine strong technical and communication skills, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down complex problems and making data-driven decisions that best serve customers.
You will also roll up your sleeves and work directly with local and remote engineering teams to help build and improve the features and services that you have defined. You will create and track metrics to define the success of your features and build data-based cases for your decisions. And you will develop enablement programs and content to help your features and solutions deploy at scale.
· Bachelors Degree, with 5+ years professional experience leading projects and programs in an agile software engineering environment
· Track record of working in an Agile environment to successfully deliver software development projects
· Demonstrated experience managing large-scale technology programs that span across multiple teams or organizations to success, from concept to deliver and operations
· Top-tier program management ability to routinely deliver the right things at the right time, identify and manage risk, communicate proactively, and foster collaboration
· Ability and initiative to dive deep and understand technical details of the systems you work with, and to help shape technical priorities and strategy through data-driven contributions
· Track record of establishing, simplifying and improving processes. Ability to understand when processes and standards should be in place, and how to drive adoption and improvement over time.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities
· 8+ years professional experience leading large-scale technology programs
· Past experience and ability in software development