Sr. HR Business Partner
Amazon - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. To support our continued growth at AWS, we are looking for an exceptional Sr. HR Business Partner.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The role will require the ability to establish HR priorities and operating mechanisms to support our continued growth. The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals and business leaders at all levels. You will cover HR areas such as employee relations, including performance management, compensation & benefits, training & career development as well as employee retention. You will need business acumen, excellent communication skills, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment. You will need solid HR generalist skills and will need to be willing and interested in getting involved in defining HR end-to-end support through our HR Services team.
· Own and manage the relationships with several client group business leaders
· Develop and own the delivery of the strategic HR plan for each business supported and ensure consistency with local and global HR goals & enforce consistency with our policies & procedures;
· Act as a consultant to your client groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans, acting as an integral member of each groups management team;
· Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity;
· Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities
· Demonstrate very strong analytical capabilities and influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention and the employee experience;
· Provide expert input to your client groups as well as the HR team in terms of local employment legislation, policies and practices;
· Support the design and delivery of appropriate training and development programs;
· Be an expert in industry best practices around functional areas of new trends and opportunities to constantly raise the bar on HR deliverables
· Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in other Amazon locations.
· 7+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role
· University degree or MBA preferred
· Generalist HR experience including policy writing, solid exposure to Industrial Relations / Labour Relations including mitigating and resolving labour disputes
· Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions
· Strong Project/Program Management Skills
· Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
· Effective communication skills - written, verbal and listening skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work well across different functions and locations
· Team building and team development capabilities
· Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.