Virtual Technical Support Associate
Amazon - South Africa, all the provinces
Amazon Virtual Technical Support Associate (TSA) Job Description Work from Home
A Technical Support Associate (TSA) is a critical part of Amazons mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service. Your mission will be to provide outstanding customer and technical support for Amazon customers in regards to Digital devices and platforms.
If you enjoy sharing your technical knowledge, problem solving, are passionate about new technologies, want to help improve associates technical skills and can do this always with a friendly tone, this is the job for you!
A Technical Support Associate raises the bar in four categories:
- Troubleshooting Excellence
- Soft Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Knowledge/experience with Amazon devices and digital products
The Digital and Device Technical Support vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers using Amazons next-generation Digital and Device products through intelligent self-service solutions and a world-class Tech Support organization. In line with our vision and customer expectations, TSAs are technology experts and foster a culture of innovation and agility to raise the bar for technical support in an evolving environment of interconnected devices and services.
This role requires South African citizenship / permanent residency. Virtual Technical Support (VTS) is a 'Work from Home' model for South Africa. VTS TSAs are expected to work from a home location approved by Amazon for all scheduled hours. It is the responsibility of the associates to ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity and 'work-like' environment at home location so that associates can deliver their best in terms of productivity and quality.
Type of Role: Permanent, Full Time, shifted environment.
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets, most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you may require that you work over weekends and public holidays. Shifts are either 4 days, 10 hours per shift or 5 days, 8 hours per shift.
- Internet requirements: Dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber or ADSL line (LTE lines are not eligible for this role)
- Equipment /hardware : Amazon will provide all required computer equipment with a headset that remains property of Amazon
- Ability to work overtime as required by business - as much as 10 hours a week, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the Christmas holiday season.
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
Customer Service Skills:
- Demonstrate dedication and commitment to problem resolution
- Be firm
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Be able to resolve a conflict situation
- Have patience with customers and remain cool & calm
- Be able to explain complex concepts effectively
- Be able to take responsibility in any given situation
- Demonstrate data accuracy
- Demonstrate multi-tasking abilities
- Use situational judgement to determine actions
- Have a detail-oriented working style
- Basic understanding of Device Platforms (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Gaming consoles, Streaming devices) and Digital Services (Videos, Music, Apps, Video Games, streaming content, Cloud Storage) and associated technical terminologies
- Ability to translate complex technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Ability to problem solve
- Awareness of latest trends and developments in the technology industry
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Excellent English communication skills (written, comprehension and verbal)
- Ability and willingness to communicate with others
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Ability to use effective questions
- Ability to demonstrate good active listening skills
- Ability to use a positive tone of voice
- Good comprehension skills ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Completed NQF Level 4 qualification or higher
- At least 3 months of work experience (any environment)
- Internet requirements: dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fibre or ADSL line (LTE lines are not eligible)
- Home environment free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
- Good command of English (verbal and written)
- Typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customer via Instant Messenger tools
- Ability to cope well in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality outputs
- South African Citizen/Permanent Resident
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vita. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and Employment Equity within the workplace, and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
Amazon Virtual Technical Support Associate (TSA) Job Description Work from HomeA Technical Support Associate (TSA) is a critical part of Amazons mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service. Your mission will be to provide out