Area Sales Manager - Account Management
CDK Global - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for day-to-day management of various accounts and related sales activities
- Meeting customers, identifying needs and value propositions for additional products and services and closing contractual terms.
- Building, developing and retaining strong relationships with both owners and management teams
- Creating, developing and managing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities
- Converting sales opportunities to close business by managing the entire sales cycle
- You will be involved in identifying, managing and closing business that provides new business in their territory
- Produce a comprehensive, strategic sales plans.
- Provide regular reporting for activities/accounts in line with the CDK Sales model and guidelines
- Utilise various resources such as Sales Automation tools and provide accurate weekly forecasting to the Director of Sales
Who do we look for?
We look for people who are passionate and enthusiastic and having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours.
You will need the following key skills and experience:
- Proven experience in sales for complex software ERP’s (Experience with DMS for Automotive dealer industry would be advantageous)
- Experience on Sales Force or any other CRM for account management and follow up
- Proven Sales target record and knowledge of the Automotive software Industry
- Experience of working within an automotive showroom, digital marketing, leads management environment would be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable making key decisions under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Excellent skills for presenting product portfolio, good knowledge about car dealer processes will be a must
- Account management skills managing a diverse range of requirements and personalities
- Experience or awareness of marketing / product marketing and its’ influence on the sales cycle
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans language will be advantageous
- Flexible for the frequent travel required with the role
- Self-motivated and pro-active
Do you dare to be different?
We look for people with the right cultural fit. While our business is full of industry minds we also value those who are keen to work together and have the potential to develop new knowledge and skills. Innovation and collaboration means growth and ours, ultimately, depends on yours.
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we’re united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you’ll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths
Your benefits. To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
The perfect opportunity awaits. Start your career with CDK Global.