South Africa - Country Marketing Manager
Cisco Systems - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Who You'll Work With
EMEAR Marketing is made up of 8 theatres covering 121 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR). Over the past three years, this region has experienced a period of exponential growth and is in the midst of an exciting transformation as it prepares for the next stage of growth and evolution. The Customer Stories and Customer Advocacy lead will support the region’s transformation by helping us to create a team of fanatical customers who want to share their Cisco story.
What You'll Do
The South Africa Country Marketing Manager would have previous country marketing experience and knowledge of the technology industry. This role is expected to set the country marketing strategy whilst liaising with both country and regional Marketing peers such as the Partner Marketing, Digital Small Business Marketing Manager, Routes - to - Market Manager along with the sales and business key stakeholders of the country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Ownership, development, and implementation of South Africa (can include Sub-Saharan Countries) Country marketing plan to include:
- Lead the overall country strategy and plan with regards to communications, events, campaigns, etc.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (sales teams, global and local marketing, solutions marketing, and technical experts) to provide a holistic country-marketing plan.
- Lead the marketing strategy and execution within the country to drive optimal demand generation activities across all segments that will contribute to the sales funnel.
- Drive Sales/Engineering/Channel/Internal resources to understand the business opportunity, market positioning that will help drive pipeline in-country
- Development and Execution of marketing programs and campaigns; leveraging Global & EMEAR campaigns as well as rolling out local campaigns ensuring ROI measurement
- Lead generation and management: increasing the activity in targeted customer segments within the SSA Region and ensuring the proper mechanisms are in place for capturing optimal ROI
- Ensuring that Cisco maximizes promotional campaign opportunities (including conferences, seminars, research, sponsorship, etc.), evaluating and tracking
- To be able to manage relationships with the SA Country Management Team.
- Oversee, provide direction and establish a lead qualification and distribution process.
- Marketing budget management and allocation
Skills and Abilities:
- A high level of energy, commitment, and passion for results; the ability to meet deadlines and handle numerous projects at once.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with working across global matrix organizations.
- Ability to approach a situation, envision the big picture and set appropriate strategies for effectiveness.
- Excellent organization skills and must be a detail-oriented team player.
- Presentation skills required. Strong understanding of the effectiveness of different marketing communication vehicles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on active listening.
- Event management experience is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment with the ability to facilitate cross-group collaboration.
- Good organization and budget management skills.
- Ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced matrixed organization.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of the latest marketing trends (outward focused).
- Excellent organization and project management skills (deadlines, vendor/agency management, budgets).
- Self-motivated and has the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Innovative, forward-thinking marketer
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.