Senior Advisor, Customer Services
Dell - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Skytech - Enterprise Field Principle Engineer
Johanesburg, South Africa
Based full-time in the Dell Johannesburg Business Unit the Regional Enterprise SkyTech job functions is to provide Onsite and Remote Level 3 Advanced Support for Dell Technologies Storage, Server, , HCI,Networking and Software products. This role will involve traveling to customer site up to a 50% bases. When not onsite the Skytech will work remotely as a Subject Matter Expert supporting Frontline Enterprise Support. The Enterprise Regional Skytech is responsible for the overall customer satisfaction of Dell Technologies Enterprise customers and serves as the escalation point for customers with advanced Enterprise issues.
The Skytech Will work in a Technical Support case based management environment and will interface with Support Management, Resolution Managers (RM), Technical Service Managers (TSM), Solutions and Sales teams, serving as a point of contact in areas of expertise. The Skytech must possess strong customer handling skills with the ability to make decisions with little or no management intervention. The Skytech must possess a strong ability to multitask simultaneous escalations. Strong verbal and written communication is required.
- Proactive Escalation avoidance for Central and South Africa, through proactive case reviews, attending proactive Resolution Management / Technical Service Manager conference calls, regular attendance to the Business Unit & proactive site visits.
- Provides timely response to customer escalations utilizing all Dell Technologies resources necessary to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer’s servers/storage/Network with appropriate notification to all stakeholders.
- Actively supports the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution keeping customer informed throughout life of incident.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting customer’s environment, utilizing Dell diagnostic tools and necessary support staff (SME, SST, IPS, etc.).
- Clearly and concisely logs and tracks details of solutions provided to resolve customer issue maintaining and updating the case management tool to ensure customer information is current and accurate.
- Aiming at 100% customer satisfaction.
- Performs required case management functions as related to assigned RM / TAM including the written summaries of outcome(s)
Professional Networking Certification desirable e.g. CCNA or preferably CCNP in addition to Professional certification in Virtualization.
Hands-on experience with troubleshooting complex network infrastructures,
Practical knowledge of network and storage area network performance optimization
Expert knowledge of networking (including WAN topology, mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments, DNS/WINS/DHCP, firewall solutions)
Expert knowledge of at least 4 of the following: Unity, Isilon, Powermax, HCI, Equallogic, Compellent, RedHat Linux, Windows 2008 R2/2012, Oracle, Exchange, SQL, Clustering.
Expert knowledge of server hardware (including SCSI, RAID and I/O topology); · Expert knowledge of Storage hardware (including Fibre channel, ISCSI, FCoE, basic knowledge of HPCC and Infinibandetc.)
Systems management knowledge/experience
Proven track record in maintaining and enhancing skill(s) level(s) according to future technology trends.
Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through and timely documentation.
Excellent communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Drive for results
- Priority Setting
- Learning on the Fly
- Dealing Organizational Agility with Ambiguity
- Flexibility & Availability
- Working under pressure
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.