Diageo - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Description :
We're always looking to hire Brand Managers so please feel free to apply for this for future openings. It's okay if you're ready now or sometime in the future. We are always wanting to build exceptional talent and this is one of the ways we are doing just that! :)
To drive recruitment and build strong mental and physical availability amongst consumers and shoppers, thereby delivering profitable growth for Diageo and our partners.
The Brand Manager will be accountable for the execution of the brand strategy for the designated brand(s).
- Champion the relevant brand amongst internal and external stakeholders and ensure volume, profit and market share delivery.
- Long term brand strategy, architecture and positioning development in alignment with portfolio strategy.
- Development & implementation of brand pricing strategy.
- Formulate the annual GAME plan including Channel plans.
- Lead the execution of the GAME plan including Channel plans.
- Translate brand strategy into 6 Quarter planning: 18 month plan outlining all activity by channel.
- Work effectively with strategic partners to develop activity plans based on a clear understanding (through M&E and A&P effectiveness review) of the impact of both new & existing activities.
- Input to the development of brand innovation & renovation plans, including line extensions, working with innovation project managers to deliver timeously.
- Monthly submission of brand performance (rationale & commentary of brand volume, brand health, brand share) and key drivers of performance. Development of brand updates for Exec on request.
- Maintain the highest standards of execution, and in particular ensure personal excellence in the execution of brand communication and activation strategies.
- Maintain strong relationships with agency partners, providing written briefs and de-briefs using DWBB format, formulation of accurate work plans & fair PRIP proposals, retainer negotiations and regular performance reviews.
- Provide meaningful input into the S&OP process (volume forecasting & A&P).
- Support the portfolio manager in the development and coaching of Assistant Brand Managers.
- Own the culture of compliance in the Brand team; ensuring full compliance to DMC, GAR and CARM requirements.
- Appropriate tertiary marketing qualification – degree / diploma
- Suitable Post Graduate Qualification is desirable
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing and innovation
- Experience in other Commercially-oriented roles is desirable
- Track record of success in highly demanding organisations
- Proven ability to operate within the context of an extensive business network with accountability for key brand owner contact points
- Experience of operating in complex multi-dimensional consumer and channel landscapes
The BM is responsible for demonstrating these skills:
- BUILD PURPOSEFUL WINNING BRANDS. Expected Level = Essential / Advanced
Builds purposeful and distinctive brands, identifying strategic growth opportunities and translating them in to a competitive GAME plan that drives growth and makes our brands beacons within culture
USING INSIGHT TO SELL MORE: Expected Level = Essential
Uncovers deep, penetrating insights about occasions, purchasing and consumption behaviours, and uses this insight to inspire marketing strategies and plans which ensure we drive purchase through all channels.
FORGING POWERFUL PARTNERSHIPS: Expected Level = Essential
Leads and inspires and team comprising a broad range of contributors including other functions, agency partners and external experts, individuals and organisations who influence culture. Combines our skills with theirs to create outstanding content which can drive greater cultural traction for our brands and create value efficiently and effectively.
DRIVING MARKETING PERFORMANCE: Expected Level = Essential
Fully understands the way in which Diageo operates in the context of their market and uses this knowledge and data analytics to manage all levers of value creation to ensure profitable brand growth for Diageo and our partners.
- DELIVERING INTERGRATED EXECUTION: Expected Level = Essential / Advanced
Develops holistic and integrated culturally relevant Marketing programmes that reflect brand purpose in a meaningful way for consumers. Then executes in a timely manner, and with creative flair, through multi-channel media encompassing traditional, experiential and digital communications.
Win through execution
- Sets and pursues direction and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
- Grasp complexity of market (multiple channels, languages, cultural differences, norms and practices)
- Balance multiple priorities and work to a series of tight deadlines
- Make rapid decisions and respond quickly to organization change
- Work effectively with technology
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :