Public Law Paralegals
Duncan Lewis - Newcastle, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
We now require Public Law Paralegals to be based at our Newcastle office.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Assisting with casework
• Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
• Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
• Ensuring compliance with file management.
Key Skills Required:
The essential requirements are:
• At least 1 years’ experience of working in legal practice (private practice, in house, or local authority); and
• Experience of court of protection health and welfare matters.
It would be advantageous to have experience of one or more of the following areas of law: property and affairs / Deputyship disputes in the court of protection, regulatory, or judicial review work.
The successful candidate must also have:-
• A strong academic background with a Law degree
• Legal experience as a Paralegal/Advisor
• Clear understanding and application of Public Law work
• Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook