Enel - South Africa, all the provinces
The Civil Supervisor is responsible for contractor civil activities during project implementation of a renewable power plant; this role will monitor project progression and keep each venture on schedule and in compliance with codes, within time, cost, quality, safety and environmental to contribute to the efficiency of projects in the execution phase.
The main Duties include:
- Oversee and supervise on-site construction and installation of civil works relating to foundations, road installation/maintenance, drainage systems, small building construction, and metal structures.
- Supervise and monitor civil subcontractors in order to meet technical, quality and compliance requirements as set forth in civil drawings, specifications and schedule.
- Secure the civil works implementation of contractual obligation from the contractor.
- Detect possible civil works quality problems prior or during the works and proceed in problem solving by coordinating with site manager.
- Attend all progress and quality meetings
- Ensure all quality documentation is signed off and ready for handover per project schedule.
- Perform all QC inspections in conjunction with the QC Inspector and site manager/coordinator and release works before being covered up with concrete, masonry or other works.
- Observe and report findings of daily site activities from civil subcontractors; raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required
- Manage contractor productivity, taking corrective action to ensure required planned production schedule is met
- Create reports to monitor, and track civil activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports.
- Assist on-site construction team in resolving technical or engineering issues with vendors and contractors relating to civil disciplines.
- Assess and determine the actual progress on site based on approved production schedule
- Responsible for all safety related construction activities; follows approved safety specifications formally records non-conformance and attends all relevant safety meetings
- Provide input based on lessons learned to the construction team for use in contractor and vendor contract negotiations including pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of industrial construction practices, power plant engineering, plant operation requirements, and environmental and safety requirements.
- Proficiency in monitoring contractors’ performance in the areas safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule.
- Review all drawings and notify the Site Manager of any problems regarding constructability and design deficiencies
- Raise RFIs for unclear design, unspecified materials, discrepancy in the design etc.
Qualifications: & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or directly related field
- A minimum of 5 years major utility or major industrial construction within the Civil Engineering Discipline
- Experience with supervising within large scale utility power generation projects
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100" of time including temporary assignment to projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Italian language is advantageous
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this role is inline with EGP RSA's EE plan, EGP RSA reserves the right to make an appointment.