Essity - Durban, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
Essity is looking for a Transport Coordinator to join our Business Logistics team based in the manufacturing site in Pinetown, South Africa. This opportunity presents the dynamic exposure to the world of Supply Chain. Our business has a mature and firm track record within the health and medical device industry to provide not only good quality products but also is a sustainable business. We are looking for an individual who possess strong communication skills, passionate about Logistics and love what they do and has the ability to add value and walk the path in growing our business with us!
About the Role
The Transport Coordinator will be part of the Business Logistics team where they will support and facilitate smooth communication, planning ,organising and execution with external transporters in ensuring on time deliveries are fulfilled to customers. This role will require collaborative efforts between warehousing, customer services and demand planning to achieve the business objectives and satisfy our customer needs.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and services. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the inbound and outbound transport across all Essity and outsource facilities in SA , this includes imports and exports.
- Develop , monitor and control transport KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement projects with key focus on cost and service optimization.
- Develop and monitor adherence to SOP’s.
- Prepare transport tariffs for AP (SAP) and Budget, validate and process all transport and Chep invoices and prepare monthly accruals.
- Analyze daily delivery , returns and damages reports and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Work closely with customer services attending to customer complaints
- Keep regular contact with all Essity warehouses , outsource facilities and transporters/agents to ensure proper execution of loading , unloading and deliveries.
- Monitor and process all transporter and insurance claims
- Oversee the movement of CHEP pallets through our transport network ensuring tight controls on exchanges and POD’s for transfers.
- Responsible for maintenance of transport related master data
- Ensure our transporters are compliant to the road and safety standards
- Monitor and report on fuel emissions
Who You Are
- A minimum of Matric and a relevant Degree or Diploma Logistics and or Warehouse Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Vendor management experience is essential
- Project Management and Negotiating skills are essential
- Must be computer literate in MS Office package, with ability to document processes into SOP format
- Must have excellent and clear communication - verbal and written
- Must be an excellent and participative listener with the ability to negotiate and also challenge the status quo
- Must have meticulous attention to detail with the ability to drive processes forward
- Must be analytical, insightful, courageous and decisive
- Must be able to collaborate and work across functional teams
- Must have high levels of integrity, care and honesty
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date:20 Feb 2020