Strategic Partner Manager, Mobile & Connectivity Partnerships
Facebook - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.Mobile partnerships at Facebook is key to our mission to build community and bring the world closer together via connectivity and access. We are looking for a creative thinker to grow our partnerships across the Johannesburg mobile landscape. This presents a unique opportunity for you to help the incumbent telco companies to develop leading mobile-social experiences, contributing to the success of our family of apps by bringing more people to a faster internet. In this role to work with leading telco partners across Africa. The projects you will be involved in range from commercially advancing mobile experiences to fixed infrastructure developments. As the face of our brand, you play a pivotal role in maintaining and improving our reputation in the mobile partner eco-system.
In the first six months we would expect to see you forge strong partner relationships, you'll understand their business and be close to signing your first deal.
By the end of year one, we know you will be leading your own deals. It's likely that you will be viewed as an indispensable strategic adviser by our partners and our cross-functional team members, interfacing with most parts of Facebook.
- Develop and help drive our mobile partner strategy to support the continued success
- Support new partners through launch process and liaise with Facebook
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics
- Be a trusted contact for Facebook's key mobile application partners
- Act as an internal and external advocate for our mobile partners
- BA/BS Degree
- Significant experience in the mobile industry, specifically recent experience directly in partnerships
- Creativity - your creativity coupled with in-depth market knowledge enable you to spot opportunities and build out a compelling proposition that offers mutual value
- Negotiation - negotiation skills help you navigate complex deals and understand legal language, thus you facilitate meaningful conversations that lead to closing deals
- Collaboration - you deliver through other people and teams cross-functionally (XFN) because you work hard to understand their priorities and build relationships. At Facebook your internal partners will include Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Legal
- Project Management - you have a huge experience with large international (multicultural) projects and are able to deliver on purpose
- Influence - you can pitch effectively and appropriately engage the relevant XFN partners to help actually give life to those brilliant ideas
- Experience in product management
- Multiple languages