Senior Project Manager
FIS - Sandton, Gauteng
Senior Project Manager
Full time - Regular
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent
Type of Hire
Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Management Information Systems
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS youll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The FIS Insurance Managed Services team provides Application Management, Hosting and BPO services for Insurance customers around the globe. We are currently expanding and have new openings to support the delivery of new IT projects associated with our Insurance Financial Services products (ie. Compass, EAS, Investments, and Prophet)
What you will be doing
We are seeking a highly experienced Sr. Project Manager that has in-depth experience in successfully leading the delivery of large highly complex projects in a customer environment. The successful candidate will have multiple successes in leading delivery of external customer engagements and must have a strong Consulting acumen. Initially, the successful candidate will be leading a 1-year Application Management transition-in engagement that is the pre-cursor for a long-term Compass Application Management engagement in Johannesburg, South Africa. Following this engagement, the Sr. Project Manager will be leading the implementation of other large projects for FIS customers.
Duties and responsibilities include;
• Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects associated with analyzing performing 24x7 Application Management support for a highly strategic customer.
• Projects may be focused on development of new or upgraded products and services, internal information system-specific projects that may involve development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration and/or infrastructure environment build-out, delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients or delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through use of technology.
• Development project plans (preferably utilizing MSFT Project), identify critical path, and keeping project on-schedule.
• Create project status reports and leading project status meetings with customer
• Experience leading and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
• Position may expand into a Program Management role, so Program Management experience preferred
What you bring:
• Strong leadership and project management experience
• I.T. Consulting background with a solid track record of excellent service delivery
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and do the right thing for the customer
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel 20%, including some international travel in South Africa
Added bonus if you have:
• Insurance and Financial Service experience.
• Knowledge of FIS products such as: Compass, EAS, Investments, and Prophet
What we offer you
• Training across core financial, and FIS solutions
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.