GE Digital - Stellenbosch, Province of the Western Cape
Role Summary:As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently on components of an information development project. You will contribute to the team on a variety of projects and call upon team members for guidance as needed. You will contribute to the team and work independently.
- In this role, you will develop and deliver high-quality content for the Predix Applications Engineering team using the following professional characteristics;
- Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents
- Fundamental collaboration skills: ability to work with other writers and cross-functional peers
- Fundamental knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing
- Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, content review
- Ability to break down software processes into tasks necessary to the targeted user and effectively explaining those tasks to the user
- Basic ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to research a software product, determine functionality and design features, then communicate those effectively to the user
- Undergraduate Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.
- Basic skills in editing (QA for documentation) - ability to recognize errors in a variety of information deliverables
- Fundamental skills with the authoring tools used by the PAE information development team: oXygen Author (DITA methodology), Astoria CMS
- Ability to follow established information patterns to create information deliverables
- Awareness of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes and how to follow processes for information development
- Basic awareness of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and how they affect the information development process
- Business Acumen
- Ability to work to deadlines and think critically about the task at hand while maintaining an understanding of the relevance of the issue in the bigger picture
- Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with an awareness of GE Digital product line(s) and offerings
- Awareness of how GE Digital drives value to its customers
- Ability to voice opinions and present clear rationale.
- Effective use of data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognition of collaborative behavior and participation in collaborative activities
- Willingness and ability to learn organization vision statement and decision-making framework.
- Ability to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Personal Attributes:
- Willingness and ability to help team members
- Ability to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions and ask questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and offer new ideas
About Us:At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. Its about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE we believe its about the future of industryenergy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. Its about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more ="https://www.linkedin.com/company/2681277">LinkedIn
Company: ="http://www.ge.com/talent/digital"Additional Locations:South Africa;Stellenbosch, Cape Town;