Headhunters - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Our client is looking for an Operations Manager. (Cape Town)PURPOSE OF JOBTo ensure effective coordination of operational processes in order to deliver service as contractually agreed with clients.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures operational throughput as per SLA agreement specific to box storage and conversion processes.
- Reviews and evaluates operational workflows and procedures to customise and improve job processes on a continuous basis.
- Ensures optimisation of resources with respect to current workloads.
- Ensures maintenance and optimal usage of fleet vehicles, and recommends additions or replacement of vehicles.
- Monitors and ensures that all vehicles conform to corporate identity guidelines.
- Ensures fast and effective retrieval of documents for delivery to clients as required.
- Ensures accurate and timeous location of files and boxes.
- Manages and ensures fast and effective collection and delivery of clients documents and records.
- Ensures strict adherence to the corporate dress code.
- Monitors and ensures the maintenance and servicing of all facilities.
- Ensures the physical security of facilities, i.e. alarm system, electric fencing, fire detection system, etcetera.
- Manages and ensures adequate control of stock, i.e. accurate and timeous despatch and receiving..
- Ensures that client requests are dealt with quickly and effectively in line with service expectations, and that all client queries are resolved satisfactorily.
- Reports on operational productivity to the General Manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, i.e. box receipts, requests, vehicle utilisation, lines captured, and images processed.
- Is responsible for submission to the regional Financial Manager for new and replacement CAPEX requirements.
- Reports capacity utilisation of operational resources and facilities to the General Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that all retention centres and pre-staging areas comply with the OSH Act and housekeeping guidelines.
- Ensures that staff is trained, skilled and that their expertise is optimally applied.
- Ensures that the working environment contributes to improve staff morale and increase productivity.
- Provides input into the compilation of the regional budget.
- Optimises resources to control and reduce costs.
- Has overall responsibility for a staff complement of 15-200.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Post Matric Certificate / Diploma in Logistics / Warehouse Management
- 7-10 years experience in warehousing or logistics management.
- Code 08 drivers licence and own vehicle
- Risk management exposure will be advantageous