Cross Brand Sales Specialist (SERVER & STORAGE)
IBM - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Drive opportunity identification and deal progression of server and storage offerings, Data Center consolidations, and cloud solutions
- Collaborate with selling teams and clients to identify opportunities for Hardware System Solutions
- Own and progress opportunities to close
- Manage and track opportunities and provide regular forecast reporting
- Coordinate resources throughout sales cycle from identification to closure
- Nurture and expand hardware system relationship with customer accounts, and across IBM
- Travel to client locations in support of sales efforts as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years experience in IT Hardware Sales Expertise
- At least 1 year experience in Client consulting skills
- At least 2 years experience in Sales Transformation leadership
- Some Remarketing Experience
- Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have good knowledge of server and storage solutions and have solid experiences in selling the solution to address the client needs.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Well organised, structured and able to articulate the IT solution and relate it with clients needs.
- Highly confidence and capable in delivering the presentation to the client at ANY levels, including C-level.
- Highly experienced in managing and winning the competitive situation.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the worlds most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when youre looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBMs greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.