IFC - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement and communications – both internal and external – across IFC. The Vice Presidency is responsible for content creation, branding, reputational risk management, relationships with shareholders in Western Europe and Japan, fundraising, and multilateral engagement.
The Development Partner Relations (DPR) unit within the VPU will support IFC operations, both Investment and Advisory Services, as well as the Economics & Private Sector Development VPU, the ESG team, IFC Treasury, and the Joint GPs, through fundraising for IFC priority areas and maintaining ongoing relationships with development partners, including with bilateral and multilateral sovereign partners, and with foundations and corporate philanthropies. In addition to directly engaging with partners to support IFC activities, DPR will facilitate partnership development across IFC and advise all IFC operational units on establishing and maintaining meaningful partnerships for funding and broader support for IFC activities.
The Operations Analyst, Africa Regional Partners will report to the Senior Operations Officer, Africa Regional Partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of a cohesive fundraising and partnership strategy for SSA development partners;
- Support the structuring of Africa regional partnerships, coordinating the development of proposals, negotiating agreements, and supporting the implementation of partnership agreements (including helping to resolve any emerging challenges);
- Provide regular updates to the fundraising pipeline database and inputs to reports for Senior Management on IFC’s fundraising efforts;
- Ensure that key reports are delivered to Africa regional partners and that IFC operational teams understand partner needs, priorities, and requirements under the agreement;
- Conduct research and analysis on current and potential development partners, MDB and IFI fundraising strategies, ODA trends, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing by providing information on development partners to IFC teams.
- Help in the preparation of seminars, roundtable sessions, and other meetings and events involving IFC’s partners.
- Assist in the drafting of presentations, briefs, summaries, working papers, reports, and promotional or other materials, as required.
- Provide other support to the team, as necessary, to enable it to conduct its partnership function effectively.
- Master’s Degree reflecting course work in areas relevant to IFC’s role as a private-sector oriented development institution.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in international development and private or public-sector fundraising. Prior experience in Africa is advantageous;
- Good practical knowledge and experience of IFC’s operations;
- Knowledge of key development partner agency strategies, priorities and structures, and demonstrated success in engaging and influencing key partners;
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, high political acumen, including problem-solving skills; ability to represent IFC in high profile networks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues;
- Strong team orientation, with an ability to work effectively with a range of clients and colleagues including operational staff and senior management, and senior officials of IFC member countries;
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and deliver results in a matrix organizational structure;
- High degree of professional integrity, discretion, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, colleagues, and stakeholders;
- Willingness to travel;
- WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.
- Knowledge of SAP and Trust Fund agreements a plus.
- Fluent French speaker a plus.
has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences
and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds
from around the globe.