Data Transformation & Analytics Specialist
IHS Markit - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Whats in it for you?
This position offers not only the chance to work in a vibrant, multicultural and multilingual environment but it is also a great opportunity to fast track your exposure and knowledge of the financial markets intelligence industry.
What youll work on:
Data transformation and enhancement in support of our shareholder identification (SID) products and services. The SID group is responsible for the reporting and identification of shareholders of major stock listed companies. This role provides exposure to our global client base across the Americas, Europe and Asia. In this role, you will work closely with internal teams to achieve the highest levels of data quality, timeliness and completeness to inform analytical products within our growing Corporate Solutions group.
Your duties will include the following:
- Financial markets data ETL which will essentially make for more than 60% of your time
- Active contribution towards innovation initiatives geared to improving data workflow processes and analytic advisory products
- Ad hoc data research support as required
This position is multi-faceted and requires verbal communications skills, oral and written proficiency in English (and ideally another European language), research skills with a basic knowledge of financial markets. Successful data transformation and analytics specialists at IHS Markit are detail-oriented, exhaustive researchers and self-starters.
What we look for:
- Degree in related business field
- At least 1 years background in financial markets is a plus
- Strong Excel skills (VBA macros knowledge is a strong plus)
- Data accuracy and quality control focus
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinker
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated with an innovative mindset
- Must be able to work legally in South Africa without visa sponsorship
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.