Global Markets Intelligence Analyst
IHS Markit - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Whats in it for you:
As a Global Markets Intelligence (GMI) Analyst, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth of a leading market surveillance services provider and make an immediate impact to the business and clients.
You will receive formal group training and on-the-job experience during your first few months of employment. You will learn institutional surveillance techniques under the supervision of experienced analysts and directors. You will develop an expert-level understanding about your clients institutional investors and your teams market sector. You will gain valuable experience producing analytical work and presenting your conclusions to clients.
You will regularly touch all areas of the capital markets environment, from public issuers, buy-side investors, sell-side analysts, trading desks, and data providers. Opportunity for career advancement along with the growth of the practice.
What youll do as an IHS Markit GMI analyst:
- Provide clients with actionable intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
- Provide clients with Targeting intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
- Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and broader indexes.
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
- Analyze all relevant activity around your clients stock activity, including competitive peer news and performance, valuation metrics, sell-side coverage, short interest, derivatives activity, and technical analysis.
- Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates about stock performance, noteworthy institutional movements, and aberrational trading.
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading.
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the teams service offering to clients.
What we look for:
- 0-3 years of experience
- Dual threat analysts with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- An ability to analyze data and absorb new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
- Demonstrated interest in equity markets and Wall Street, and an understanding of financial markets
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with client-facing situations
- Resourceful, assertive, and not afraid to ask questions
- BCom or BSc Degree in a financial or quantitative related discipline with a focus on data analytics
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.