Managed Services Implementation and Support Analyst
IHS Markit - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Our Managed (Cloud) Services for Financial and Energy Sectors Solutions is going through a massive growth phase.
Our Managed Services ensures we deliver market leading software solutions to our customers via AWS.
Our proven software solutions and analytics help buy and sell-side firms uncover insights, increase efficiency, reduce and manage risk and maintain compliance.
The managed services team will cover software solutions like:
thinkFolio: Investment Management Platform
Enterprise Data Management (EDM)
Financial Risk Analytics
This department is crucial in delivering on an exciting new growth strategy for the business and this role will assist in making sure our services and solutions are offered via leading edge cloud architectures and operational processes.
Initually the role will focus on supporting managed services for the thinkFolio Investment Platform.
Markit is making considerable investments in the thinkFolio product and is increasing the size of the thinkFolio team. With an expected expansion of the client base globally, additional resources are required, as part of the global thinkFolio team.
A hosted version of the thinkFolio application is now available to customers. As a result, there is a need for specialist support staff to maintain the customer environments on a day to day basis.
thinkFolio is a highly technical application and requires detailed business and product knowledge. Our team consist of subject matter experts that split their time between supporting and advising clients.
As well as assist with new implementations on the Managed Service.
The scope of the role will also involve exposure and responsibilities within the larger Financial Services group and relevant products and services.
The primary function of this role is to support the Managed Services offering both from a technical and a product perspective. A focus will be on design/implementation/maintenance and troubleshooting of AWS environments and the services implementations. This would entail the creation of new VPCs, networking, integration of products and environments, and the creation and maintenance of operational processes supporting the services.
This role is a hybrid technical and business role. The main driver always is to make sure the technical services support the business use case of customers.
This role will require some flexibility in work times.
This position is for a person who is keen to be part of a team to grow the business.
It will require an individual to own deliverables and see them through to completion.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Oversee daily checks on customer environments to ensure the application is running as desired
- Implement an AWS VPC from scratch using Cloudformation and/or OpsWorks and adhering or developing best-practices
- Receive customer support requests and provide advice and guidance to clients to resolve the reported problem with appropriate quality and timeliness
- Expedite managed service customers requests according to SLAs
- Monitor adherence to SLAs
- Monitor adherence to IHSM Group Security standards
- Own responsibility for documenting / updating processes and relevant documentation
- Provide expertise to the Professional Services team when implementing new MS customers
- Authorise customer requests for access to be granted
- Working closing with wider IHSM group AWS and Cloud engineers to provide solutions
- Provide complete service for onboarding new customers and ensure a successful handoff to production
- Gather and analyse client requirements and translate them into AWS (technical) implementation specifications
- Maintain UAT environments for optimal use by clients and vendors
- Establish on-going positive client relationships
- Provide updates to the Business and Project Management on new and on-going projects
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in hosted technologies
- Certified AWS / MS Azure Cloud Engineer or AWS / MS Azure Solutions Implementer
- Experience in using CloudFormation or equivalent
- Experience in scripting and automation (use of Ansible will be good)
- Experience in Cloud implementations
- Experience of working with hosted systems either in support and/or analysis role
- Administration of Windows Servers and Services
- Experience in Financial Services industry
- Networking and Routing knowledge
- SQL Server knowledge
- An understanding of investment management from a hosted application perspective.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software enhancement or defect
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have a positive attitude to achieve deadlines
- Ability to understand the impact of a software defect and make appropriate decisions about the priority of the defect
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be flexible in working hours for out of office support (will be renumerated)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Have a history of being able to engage with clients during the implementation phase.
- A team player who is comfortable working at all levels of the business and with external clients
- Proven ability to work individually, and in a team environment which spans multiple geographical regions
- Comfortable working with teams across to globe
- Comfortable working remotely within the team structure
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.