Business Owner - Investment Management
IRESS - Johannesburg, Gauteng
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Who we are
At IRESS, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
IRESS is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
To drive the definition and implementation of a strategy for their particular business segment.
What you will be doing
- Contribution towards product roadmap as one of the mechanisms to execute on this strategy
- Define and achieve budgeted financial results as well as commercial oversight of business area
- Identify new business opportunities through strategic engagement with key client stakeholders and client crowdsourcing. Responsible to driving opportunities through the defined local and global Bid Engagement forums where relevant
- Responsible for defining commercials on products within specific business area post consultation with relevant stakeholders. Including responsibility for signing off proposals and associated process
- Work Closely with internal stakeholders (Product, Account Management etc.) to ensure focus on and progress against our must win battles of quality and ease
- Maintain relations with Sales, Account Management and Service Desk to ensure clients are being serviced inline with Iress standards.
- Regular engagement with Marketing to drive the exposure of Iress and products relevant to their business area , both internally and externally
- Key part of pre-sales phase and stakeholder to solution definition prior to commercials being defined
- Ensure coordination of all teams responsible for the running of the specific business area, inline with Iress ways of working and delivery framework.
What you will need
- BCom IS/Informatics, BsC Computer Science or similar qualification
- 5+ years experience in Financial Markets industry with an integral understanding of retail trading and portfolio management
- Understanding of Client Business Environment and technology requirements
- Industry and competitor awareness
- Experience working with software and technology
- Must be able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Key Competencies; Business Analysis, Business Case Writing, Commercial Awareness and Communication Skills.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Young, diverse workforce
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 6-hour hackathon
- Pause areas, Table tennis, Games room, Showers, Friday afternoon drinks
- Close access to shopping centers
- Active Sports & Social and CSR events
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
Employment TypeEmployeeTime TypeFull time