IRESS - Johannesburg, Gauteng
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Who we are
At IRESS, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
IRESS is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
The Data Integration Analyst is responsible for assessment, analysis and documentation of content for successful integration into the Iress Product Suite.
What you will be doing
- Engage directly with corporate and/or independent users and data vendors in order to assess and document requirements accurately.
- Assess data provider file formats and determine how to best integrate content to Iress Product Suite to meet business and client requirements.
- Prepare and amend both business and technical requirements specifications as per the agreed templates which covers business rules, data mappings and system requirements.
- Assist with testing of new data feeds and functions.
- Perform Functional and business process testing specifically relating to financial calculations and the interpretation and subsequent implementation of industry rules and regulations.
- Review and maintain data, ensuring correct interpretation for the assigned products.
- Support solution implementation and product delivery to clients through collaboration with the Implementation team.
What you will need
- IT or Business Qualification
- Understanding of investment management, including portfolio valuation, investment performance and capital gains tax reporting
- Experience working with text, XML and other data formats
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of other data management tools (SQL, Command Line Scripting)
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Young, diverse workforce
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Pause areas, Table tennis, Games room, Showers, Friday afternoon drinks
- Close access to shopping centers
- Active Sports & Social and CSR events
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
Employment TypeEmployeeTime TypeFull time