Software Quality Analyst
LexisNexis Legal & Professional - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis« and Nexis« services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This is an entry-level position in Quality Assurance that is responsible for learning QA methodologies and assisting in ensuring compliance.
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Ability to assist with process improvement and compliance.
• Basic understanding of functional testing.
• Basic understanding of root cause analysis.
• Ability to actively participate in project review discussions.
• Basic knowledge of software products.
• Good attention to detail.
• Basic oral and written communication.
• Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on a timely basis.
• Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
• Ensure results of root cause analysis are addressed.
• Participate in project reviews.
• Escalate issues and decisions to senior QA team members.
• All duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or [email protected].