Market Recruit - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Monitor and evaluate compliance within the business as well as develop risk management plans. Identify and report on potential or actual non-compliance, including breaches and risks (including actually or potentially unusual transactions). This position encompasses implementation and development of non-conformity, corrective and preventative actions.
- Monitor and evaluate call monitoring and KYC functions.
- Identify and interpret applicable compliance requirements.
- Identify and provide staff (individuals and/or teams) with relevant training needs on various legislative requirements.
- Identify, investigate and report to management on suspicious or high-risk clients and transactions
- Report and conduct/direct investigation on risk and compliance issues
- Periodically evaluate existing clients according to established policies and procedures
- Remain abreast of industry changes
- Assess the possible impact of regulatory development on operations of the business
- Implement, monitor and ensure compliance with relevant standards, processes and best practices
- Apply knowledge of current legislation in identifying non-conformance and related risk
- Design, recommend and implement improvements in communication, monitoring and enforcement of compliance standards
- Design and compile compliance monitoring plans and compliance risk management plans (CRMP’s) as required by relevant legislation.
- Implement coverage plans which talk to regulatory universe including the scoping and interaction with business, process analysis and report writing
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal parties including the coordination across compliance departments ensure effective coverage of compliance risk.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on compliance matters and resolutions of compliance monitoring issues.
- Conduct compliance audits and draft compliance reports for submission to relevant internal committees.
- Review of all critical business policies from a regulatory compliance perspective and make recommendations for improvement.
- Regulatory follow up on issues identified and raised in reviews to ensure resolution of corrective actions.
- Identify behavior of sales agents that may place the company at risk
- Complete special projects, and miscellaneous duties as prescribed by Management
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Functional knowledge & understanding of appropriate regulations, policies and/or practices
- Able to gather, collate and summarise information from various sources and databases
- Technical competency and expertise in compliance
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and number-orientated
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to lead and work with others
- Strong, assertive and well-organised person
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism
- Proficient in G-Suite
Education & Experience
- Tertiary degree in LLB, BComm Law or similar
- Compliance Officer related experience, preferably in a regulated financial environment
- 2 - 4 years’ working experience
- Experience in call centre environment
- Experience leading a team (advantageous)
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R30,000.00 to R35,000.00 /month
- call centre: 3 years (Required)
- compliance: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelors (Required)