Jr Media Analyst
Meltwater Africa - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Jr Media Analyst
- Location: V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, RSA.
- Application Deadline: 15 January 2020
- Interviews: end of January 2020
- Start Date: 1 March 2020 (or sooner)
- Remuneration Model:
- Base Salary: R18,000 p.m / R216,000 p.a
- On Target Earnings: R21,600 p.m / R259,200 p.a
- University degree (any discipline).
- Exceptional communication & writing skills (business-level English)
- Full computer literacy (MS Office).
What to expect as a Jr Media Analyst:
The Jr Media Analyst will support our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Client Success teams from our Cape Town office. This person should be enthusiastic, analytical, hard working, and self-motivated.
The Jr Media Analyst will collect and evaluate information available publicly using Meltwaters proprietary software technology. Using this information, the Media Analyst will collate key insights which inform on B2B clients decision-making across a range of industries including government, universities, retail, banking and other. This individual should be clued up on current events, have a strong understanding of online, traditional and social media, be a team player, and be excited to learn about a variety of industries.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative research.
- Gather, interpret and compile media evaluation reports for Meltwaters business to business clients.
- Become an expert user on the latest media intelligence SaaS platforms.
- Analyze data streams from multiple media channels to measure impact of clients brand marketing, public relations and social media outreach campaigns.
- Ensure the consistency, accuracy, and timely delivery of all work to clients.
Founded in Oslo in 2001 before moving our headquarters to San Francisco in 2006, Meltwater is the global leader in media intelligence, with over 2,000 employees globally and 25,000 clients. Our innovative products help businesses extract insights from billions of online conversations and articles we call it Outside Insight.
Based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Like many entrepreneurially focused companies, Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit. Whether you meet an employee from San Francisco to Cape Town, you will likely discover many similarities in terms of their achievements, focus and superior communication skills.
Our office spaces are collaborative, open working environments in which team work, learning and fun are the day-to-day norms. Each office consists of a number of small teams, ensuring that all of our employees have easy and frequent exposure to their managers and can quickly learn from those around them.
Today we live in an information society. Are you excited to work on the forefront of software, online and AI industries?
The G2 Crowd has ranked Meltwater as one of the Top 100 Software companies of 2018, as well as the #1 PR Analytics tool.
For over fifteen years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture. More about us! Watch here!
Learn more about Meltwater on our website at www.meltwater.com
Follow us on Twitter @meltwater or like the MeltwaterGroup page on Facebook
Learn more about the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) at www.meltwater.org
Please send your CV and application letter to [email protected]
Alternatively you may submit your application via our website : https://www.meltwater.com/za/about/careers/