Metso - Newcastle, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
It all begins with active personal involvement – curiosity. Why can’t things be done differently, better or maybe simpler? Over the years, curiosity builds knowledge.
We utilize knowledge and hands-on attitude to make the big difference to our customers. Be part of a friendly and professional team in a global workplace. With us, you will be working with world-leading process industry solutions in a result-driven and respectful culture.
Job posting end date:02/28/2020
Metso Australia is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to join our team. This role is based in Thornton, and reports to the General Manager – WEARX Solutions.
About the role:
- Assist the Sales Manager WEARX Solutions in the preparation of submissions and proposals for projects
- Involvement in meetings regarding major project proposals, as required
- Provide input to the Support team to set up project and job structure to enable accurate cost capture for projects
- Prepare concise meeting minutes and reports
- Develop, maintain and control project schedules, QC and other project documentation in line with customer and company expectations
- Execute, monitor, control and closure of projects
- Identify and execute any potential project variations with input from the relevant BDM and estimating teams
- Manage the project scope through constant reviews of customer requirements and quoted scope of supply
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budgets and engage other company personnel to achieve this goal
- Liaise with external suppliers during project stage and manage deadlines
- Attend customer sites as required for the execution of the project
- Work with the Sales Managers WEARX Solutions and the Business Development as required
- Assist the estimation team as required for costing projects and other key sales
- Demonstrated experience in a project management role
- Advanced understanding of the ‘Process of Improvement’ (POI)
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Excellent presentation and communication skills across a range of platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an open style of communication
- Highly innovative and demonstrate a willingness to learn and further your skills
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven self-starter
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Project Management or equivalent
- Hold a Manufacturing Trade qualification
- Mining industry experience
Job benefits and perks
Metso Australia offers a fast paced, energetic culture along with:
- Company funded life and income protection insurance when electing the Company's default fund.
- Discount on private health insurance through HBF and Bupa
- Loyalty rewards, including additional annual leave provisions and monetary rewards, and much more.
Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki in Finland and had sales of about EUR 3.2 billion in 2018. Metso employs over 14,000 people in more than 50 countries.
metso.com , twitter.com/metsogroup