Neuberger Berman - Den Haag, Province of Eastern Cape
Job Title: Operations Analyst
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
About Neuberger Berman:
Neuberger Berman was founded in 1939 to do one thing: deliver compelling investment results for our clients over the long term. This remains our singular purpose today, driven by a culture rooted in deep fundamental research, the pursuit of investment insight and continuous innovation on behalf of clients, and facilitated by the free exchange of ideas across the organization.
As a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager, Neuberger Berman is structurally aligned with the long-term interests of our clients. We have no external parent or public shareholders to serve, nor other lines of business to distract us from our core mission, and with our employees and their families invested alongside our clients - plus 100% of employee deferred cash compensation directly linked to team and firm strategies - we are truly in this together.
From offices in 35 cities worldwide, Neuberger Berman manages a range of equity, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund strategies on behalf of institutions, advisors and individual investors worldwide. With more than 600 investment professionals and more than 2,100 employees in total, Neuberger Berman has built a diverse team of individuals united in their commitment to client outcomes and investment excellence. Our culture has afforded us enviable retention rates among our senior investment staff and has earned us citations in the top-ranked firms (among those with 1,000 or more employees) in the Pensions & Investments “Best Places to Work in Money Management” survey each year since 2013.
For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
The Neuberger Berman Operations Team is responsible for all aspects of operational support associated with our high net worth and institutional asset management teams. Responsibilities would include the set-up, maintenance and exception monitoring of security master across all products and ensuring data quality in the trading and accounting platforms across the firm as well as the timeliness, completeness & accuracy of securities pricing/valuation data. The candidate should be able to perform the necessary facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development of Master Reference Data & Pricing solutions for equities, fixed income and derivatives. This candidate will also work directly with portfolio managers, traders, IT, and other operations groups on security data and pricing matters.
- Responsible for set up, maintenance and review of securities in trading and accounting systems.
- Manage and maintain pricing data across all product types and internal systems.
- Analyze exception reports detailing price discrepancies and variances over a defined tolerance.
- Work with internal sources and external vendors on price verification.
- Analyze current business practices and procedures and define and implement processes and procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Help to define and document policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting of process flows across multiple functions within Operations.
- Identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues, recommending appropriate corrective action.
- Assist in setting up Service Level Agreements with business partners, scheduling the work to meet expectations.
- Responsible for producing quality and quantity metrics measuring performance.
- Timely escalation of issues and resolution to Senior Management.
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, B.S or B.A.
- Knowledge of Equity Fixed Income, Derivatives and Leveraged Loans.
- Understanding of data management and data platforms.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a concise and objective manner to both technical and business audiences.
- Excel knowledge a must.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Bloomberg preferred; experience in platforms like Aladdin and Charles River a plus.
- Effective time management skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and function well independently in a dynamic, changing environment.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact [email protected].
Learn about the Applicant Privacy Notice.