Orange Bus - Newcastle, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
You are an experienced researcher and can be trusted to regularly take on research projects. You are able to oversee large streams of work and require little support though you continue to work collaboratively. You play a role in planning and adapting research approaches and trialing the use of new methods. You communicate confidently about research within the company and to clients.
You will sit within a research capability with a research capability lead. This capability forms part of the UX team, alongside the capabilities of content, UCD and Interaction design.
You will have a project manager for your specific projects and a people manager dedicated to your professional development.
A bit about you:
- Work on research projects, sometimes coordinating multiple activities.
- Provide advice and support for other research projects
- Draw on knowledge to design and deliver the most appropriate research approaches, adapting methods and using new ones where appropriate
- Conduct research using a range of techniques, covering behavioral, attitudinal and evaluative research methods including: usability testing, field research/shadowing, surveys, diary studies, interviews, focus groups, guerilla research, user workshops
- Produce all the required supporting documentation and materials for research activities: discussion guides, schedules, consent forms, slide decks for workshops, activity sheets.
- Work confidently within different project methodologies - GDS, Waterfall, Agile
- Confidently communicate about research findings and methods within Orange Bus, to clients - adapting your style and language to suit their knowledge level and background
- Produce well-written and structured client-facing reports that accurately summarise key findings and the relative importance of each finding, and which need little time for peer review
- Make strong use of various media and techniques to communicate findings in an engaging manner: video, audio, photos, illustrations, story telling
- Mentor less experienced researchers and support the development of other employees in research techniques
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.