Prodigy Finance - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world's best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$800 million through the platform to fund over 16,000 students from over 150 countries.
Our team of over 200 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
Content (not advertising) is the gateway to engaging with our audience around the world, who are a diverse group hungry for information and inspiration to propel them onto a life-changing and dream-making decision.
This role is perfect for an experienced producer who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 120 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world's top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You'll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
In a nutshell, you will be bringing to life a new Content Strategy which is currently in development for 2020. There will be a mix of shaping this strategy to take it to the next level, and then the hands-on work of bringing everything to life! Specifically you will:
- Work directly with Head of Brand to cement content stream ideas for 2020 and beyond
- Help to pitch, commission, and bring to screen 3-5 short films in 2020 alone (and potentially a feature doc)
- Develop ways of working with various internal teams to ensure a fresh stream of useful content is on tap for our audience
- Identify blog topics or UGC challenges and critique commissioned content to bring it to next level
- Manage and inspire our nascent social team of two, and improve our content across our key channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Help with distribution strategy for all of the above
- Measure success continuously and suggest improvements
What you will be measured on
- Quality: can you raise the bar and produce a content stream for 2020 which is more emotive, compelling, and lands better with our audience than anything we've done before?
- Impact: reach, shares, shifts in brand awareness, site visits, awards
What you need to be great at
- Getting creative: able to pitch ideas for rich, textured and inspiring short films; engaging podcasts with loads of legs in them; funny and shareable UGC comps; thought-provoking blog articles; and snappy social
- Executing with aplomb: able to run with all of the above, commissioning and managing external talent as necessary
- Thinking strategically: able to piece the content puzzle together, ensure our different streams work in tandem with each other, and asking 'why' at every critical juncture
- A digital content guru: deep understanding of the digital content landscape, from conception to development, distribution and interaction
- Project management: you've got this down to an art. You're able to create and juggle multiple fast-paced production schedules and external suppliers simultaneously without missing a beat
- Being resourceful & independent: full of initiative, adaptable to change, always ready with a plan B, able to spot and mitigate risks to delivery and come up with cunning solutions to last-minute problems
- Making money talk: able to track budgets continuously and accurately and get more bang for each buck
- Building relationships: being a people person, able to interact well with diverse groups
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- 5 years' content production experience
- Deep understanding of the digital content landscape. Should be experienced in planning and selecting formats, as well as having an editorial steer on the content strategy across platforms.
- Proven experience in commissioning and improving creative content across multiple formats – AV, audio, written etc.
- Experience in identifying and managing talented content makers
- Knowledge of SEO, content metrics and optimisation
- Have experience of successfully working with multiple stakeholders and other agency partners
Experience that would be nice to have (but we'll trade off if everything else fits)
- Have worked in, or produced content aimed at, countries that make up our key target markets: India, China, Brazil/Latin America, Korea
- Experience working in a start-up
- Experience commissioning content within fintech industry
- Experience in a global company, working daily with offices and colleagues around the world
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades – the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We're in this together.
Do you want to be our next Content Specialist? Here's what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.