PwC - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Strong knowledge of the South African Immigration Act, Regulations and prevailing practice;
- Compliance: assessment of applicable temporary and permanent residence categories and related compliance services (assessment and review of deliverables);
- Consulting: writing opinions / providing advisory services aligned to client business models; and
- Supply chain / outsourcing experience in a compliance environment.
- End to end case management incorporating assessment, initiation, review, monitoring and reporting on all cases under allocation against defined SLA / KPIs;
- First Point of contact for allocated clients;
- Full reporting and financial recovery for client portfolio;
- Project management and proven ability to prioritise deliverables in challenging environments;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate with clients and external stakeholders (including C-suite level clients); and
- Required to accompany clients to submit applications and collect outcomes on behalf of clients as needed.
- Proven ability to liaise with external stakeholders and manage submission. collection of outcomes; and
- Own transport essential.
- Relevant Qualification
- 3 years South African immigration experience .
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical / strategic thinker;
- Accuracy / attention to detail;
- Proven project management experience;
- Proven client relationship management; and
- Compliance outsourcing experience.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
March 26, 2020