PwC - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Line of Service
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You’ll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements. Simply put, you’ll work closely with dedicated PwC staff to provide administrative support.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
At the Administrative level, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver on multiple commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Learn about how business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
- Take action to stay up to date with the evolution and impact of technology developments.
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Diary management and coordination of meetings as well as logistics when required
- Screen incoming calls and ensures that enquiries are resolved or escalated appropriately
- Acting as the point of contact between the Partner, ADs and team members and clients
- Schedule and arrange meetings, teleconferences and videoconferences, including booking of venues/catering, preparation of agenda’s, ensuring that documentation is in order
- Welcoming clients to PwC functions
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Coordinate and arrange conferences, workshops and seminars, including arranging catering and liaising with service providers, as required
- Arrange all local and international travel bookings and reservations including travel documentations and arranging parking and transfers
- Assist with professional membership updates
- Assistance with the update of the ITS and TP network booklets
- Attend to photocopying, printing, binding and deliveries of documents by messengers and couriers
- Capture time and expense for Partners and ADs on Oracle
- Prepare and type documents, mostly in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, (for internal/external use) and presentations in accordance with established PwC standards and branding guidelines
- Arranges payment of office expenses through payment requisitions
- Assists with other ad‐hoc duties as and when required
- Quality and consistency check on reports and letters
- Source office supplies
- Keep record of when staff will be on leave and training
- Manage relationships with client through Salesforce
- Assist Partners and ADs where they experience technical difficulties with their equipment required to perform their duties (i.e. computers, telephones, headsets, etc.)
- Provide back-up support when other PAs are on leave or off sick
- Product Knowledge: MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – at minimum, at an intermediary level
- Proven work experience as a personal assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Secretarial qualification
- Minimum 5-year experience in secretarial or administration roles.
- Good client relations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Target driven
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date