NEC Project Manager
Ramboll - Newcastle, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
London and other locations in United Kingdom
We are always on the lookout for talent to join our Project Management Department, focused on providing collaborative Project Management services to our clients in order to provide certainty of outcome and effective project delivery. To succeed in this role, you must have experience administering NEC contracts on major infrastructure projects. You should be a strong communicator experienced in multi stakeholder environments and have a client centric outlook. Are you our new NEC Project Manager? Click the apply-button to register your interest in hearing from us regarding available opportunities in the coming months.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Project Management department
As our new NEC Project Manager, you will be part of the Project Management department which is focused on providing collaborative Project Management services to our clients in order to provide certainty of outcome and effective project delivery.
We have a range of projects and tender in the Infrastructure and Buildings sectors where we require NEC Project Managers:
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
NEC 4 Contract management herein issuing:
- Payment certificates
- Completion certificates
- Taking over certificates
- Termination certificates
- Final payment certificates
- You will be the only person who can change technical works information and accept design changes submitted by the contractor
- Fronting the Ramboll project towards the client and the contractor assisted and backed up by the Ramboll design teams
- Handling all technical requests from the contractor ensuring these are forwarded to the design team and responded too in the appropriate manner
- Heading the weekly/bi-weekly construction site meeting, incl. responsible for preparing minutes and circulating these
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Degree qualified in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or relevant Engineering discipline
- Proven experience in NEC contract administration
- Experience on major infrastructure and or building projects
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Strong Communicator confident dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Risk aware - able to anticipate and mitigate potential issues before they escalate
- Commercially and contractually aware – ensuring the contract is administered effectively
- Proactive – able to drive project requirements forward
Welcome to our Project Management Department
As one of the world’s leading built environment consultants, Ramboll works on several thousands of projects each year across many different sectors and geographies. Our experts across the world specialise in achieving client objectives through innovative and sustainable solutions.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We welcome applications from both full-time and part-time candidates. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that this position is on a rolling-basis, and several locations in the UK are available.