Senior Solutions Architect - Middleware and Application Development, South Africa
Red Hat - Johannesburg, Gauteng
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Solutions Architecture team is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join us in Johannesburg, South Africa. In this role, you will be the front-line technical evangelist and catalyst who creates possibilities, solves problems, and establishes working relationships with new and existing customers. You'll listen to client technical challenges, suggest various solution paths, and work with the Sales team to provide deep technical insight for the Red Hat Application Development and Middleware portfolio. You’ll need to have a solid understanding of application development processes and technologies ranging from traditional middleware to modern microservices to innovative DevOps architectures and container platforms with experience applying them to solve real-world problems. You will also need to have excellent communication and people skills as you will be in front of customers on a daily basis and will sometimes travel to client sites.
- Present the complete Red Hat Application Development and Middleware portfolio to new customers
- Perform technical deep dives on individual Red Hat Application Development and Middleware solutions
- Assist with the technical portions of the requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) response process
- Participate in and assist with defining account strategy with broader account teams
- Conduct technical demonstrations of solutions and identify the appropriate solution to meet customer needs and architecture; understand current technology trends
- Participate in and guide solution-specific subject matter expert teams; create whitepapers, best practices, tuning guides, and other solution-specific technical collateral
- Assist with technical workshops, seminars, and proofs of concepts; present at local user groups and selected conferences
- Work cross-functionally within Red Hat to deliver on customer and account team expectations
- 8+ years of experience with application development or application modernization
- Knowledge of application architecture like application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD), build management etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good presentation skills; ability to present to small and large groups of business, technical, management, and leadership audiences
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel
- Interest in, passion for, and experience in working with open source technologies and communities is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.