Head of Education
SAP - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Requisition ID: 247822
Work Area: Education and Training
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Education is the world's largest IT Education provider and a recognized market leader, successfully delivering customer and partner enablement for several years. The mission of SAP Education is to drive customer success and SAP user adoption by extending its reach of enablement across all customer lifecycle phases, across all target audiences (e.g. end users, project teams, and partner consultants), and to increase customer and market penetration in a significant way.
The Head of Education Africa is responsible for the full business of Education P&L (On-Prem and Cloud SW, Services and Classroom training)
The successful candidate must be an innovative leader with a strong commercial background who has delivered consistent results.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Accountable for the effective running of the African Education business
Primary performance goals include:
- Drive Education growth within Africa - Enable Education to exceed annual performance targets
- Build and maintain a qualified pipeline of sales opportunities; enable the conversion of pipeline to profitable revenue
- Effectively leveraging existing SAP sales functions to help grow Education business
- Drive the ecosystem and channel strategy for Education through VAR’s/SI’s and Education specific partners
- Provide accurate and timely forecast data and reporting
- Build a network of C-level stakeholders, develop and foster these relationships across industry, community and business groups
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Higher education/Graduate or Post-graduate degree
- Creativity enabling him/her to challenge current practices and ways of thinking
- Intercultural experience and sensitivity
- A track record of personally building strong customer relationships
- Business strategy planning and knowledge management
- Excellent written and spoken English
Proven track record with at least 5+ year’s technology industry experience.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.