Sales Manager - General Business
SAP - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Requisition ID: 219384
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 40%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the GB Sales Manager for Africa, you are responsible for supporting the success of the greater GB Africa sales team. You are expected to have deep insight into our Region and the necessary abilities to aid in the development and execution of the GB Africa Sales strategy.
Responsible for supporting and motivating a world class team that will sell SAP’s solutions via aggressive and value-based market penetration strategies.
Sales Budget achievement
- Achievement of targets as set out (Copa revenue vs budget for both On Premise and Cloud)
- Assist in the planning and execution of relevant sales activities together with the Regional GB Sales Managers and LOB Managers, to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product / solution mix and timescales
- Assist in the planning with GB Sales to achieving allocated targets every quarter, using knowledge of market dynamics and client insights.
- Assist members of the sales team with presentations to prospective clients, promoting our solutions to achieve sales.
- Achieve NNN / Dormant targets for # and Revenue budgets
- Achieve Solution set budgets
- Actively engage customers on a continual basis to develop new opportunities and drive to closure
- Ensure alignment of the Territory plans with Partner team
- Drive indirect revenue as per targets set out
- Assist in the development of Co Sell Partner packages
- Aid in linking a customer to a partner in line with agreed upon process' and Partner Edge practices
- Accountable for the accurate and timely forecasting of the GB Africa BU.
- Pipeline management, driving 100% accuracy as well as timeous movement of opportunities through sales life-cycle
- Provide consolidated pipeline view across all GB Africa regions
- Monitor monthly sales statistics within existing clients, identifying opportunities for upsell / expansion
- Regular 1:1's with GB Regional stakeholders to align on forecast for CQ, Q+1, +2, +3
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Streamlining of reporting
- Continuously drive the management and accuracy of CRM
Franchise for Success
- Monitors and takes necessary measures to ensure 4x pipeline of opportunities and demand generation for sustainable growth.
- Review of Territory Plans with GB Head and each GB Sales Manager and with your experience provide constructive input
- All deals over 100k to have deal qualification and deal reviews completed 3 months prior to deal closure date
- Develop and apply an in-depth understanding of SAP’s processes/ procedures and sales tools/systems as well as market, including industry, marketplace, strategies and trends, competitors and competitive tactics to ensure an effective contribution towards the long-term sales strategy and plan.
- Drive the distribution and development (where necessary) of relevant market data to aid GB Sales in their respective regions / opportunities
- Facilitate the alignment and effective communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
- Contribute to Knowledge base by providing continuous feedback around market changes and requirements and competitive analysis
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Stay current and informed on all new campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, communicating to Sales team and ensuring all involved know the roles the play in making campaigns successful.
- Take advantage of internal VAT (Virtual Account Teams) as well as development and support organizations, involving them on the early stages of sales cycle and driving expected results.
- Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
- Agree individual development plan annually with the GB Head, focusing on skills gaps identified in performance discussions.
- Goals in SF to be defined and accepted by end April 2019
- Attend training scheduled according to the development plan, demonstrating skills and knowledge acquired.
- Ensure that functional knowledge is relevant and continually updated.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of all aspects related to Product, including its segmentation as well as its technical attributes.
- Exhibit a commitment to learning from others within the team.
- High Interpersonal awareness
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Enthusiastically productive
- Ability to take own initiative
- High conflict management ability
- Willingness to learn from others
- Ability to cope with stress
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Polite and professional conduct
- 15+ years of experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions
- Proven track record in business application software sales.
- Experience leading/managing in a team selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with complex, long-cycle sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Demonstrate success negotiating complex contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge on consultative selling methodologies
- Proven abilities on managing highly complex organizations and applying risk-mitigation strategies to customer
- Business level English: Fluent
- Local language: Fluent, Business Level
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.