Scott Logic - Newcastle, Province of KwaZulu-Natal
Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. You can enjoy a summer season being paid to sample a challenging and rewarding career in software with our annual Software Developer Internship.
You’ll spend around 12 weeks learning from smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll build on the knowledge you’ve gained at university and begin to apply it in a real-world setting, learning new and working with cutting-edge technologies along the way. And we hope you’ll forge a longer term relationship with us that will see you apply to join our graduate programme after you complete your degree.
Previous intern projects have been diverse, including:
- Porting the Scratch programming language, used in schools to teach coding, to HTML5
- Creating a financial charting application on our open source D3FC library, to follow Bitcoin prices
- A web-based display for our office reception area, providing useful and engaging visitor information, including imagery, video, Twitter feeds, blog posts and our XBOX FIFA tournament results
You should have:
- A Level or Higher grades of at least BBB or equivalent
- Completed your first year on a good degree in a computing, mathematical, engineering or scientific field
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great problem solving skills