Airport Supervisor - Fueling
Shell - Port Elizabeth, Province of Eastern Cape
Overall supervision of the entire operation including receipt of product, storage and distribution into-plane of all aviation fuel requirements at Port Elizabeth International Airport
- Promote STOP WORK policy to achieve GOAL ZERO
- Ensure free accident/incident operations
- Encourage staff to report 12 PI’s / NM’s per operator per year.
- Ensure that Contractors with a valid permit / WC at all time.
- Goal Zero to LSR violation.
- Ensure HSSE and Toolbox talks are held according to it’s interval (monthly and weekly) and file the records.
- Set high personal standards, lead by example, ensure follow through, and demonstrate commitment to building a motivated workforce.
- Arrange duties of Operators so that all customers are serviced on schedule and the depot maintenance tasks are carried out compliantly
- Trains and coaches staff to develop a highly skilled team, dedicated to ‘getting it right first time, every time’. Ensures team members are fully trained and competent in all their delegated tasks.
- Carry out task observations on Operators.
- Communicate and ensure compliance around Shell Aviation expectations and standards.
- Take active interest in all staff’s wellbeing to ensure they are physically and mentally fit to carry out their duties and if they are not seek ways of facilitating a recovery.
- Support staff with all Airlink HR related issues by seeking assistance when required to HR focal point.
- Ensure that all business mandatory training is completed within time frame – Communicate with the Airport Manager
- Follow up with staff Individual development plan & business goals.
- Comply with GOLDEN RULE (Intervene, Comply and Respect)
- Attend weekly operations meetings with the operations manager & other meetings to be communicated to the supervisor e.g. Safety meetings
- Promote the compliancy within Port Elizabeth Team members
- Responsible to ensure that all the daily scheduled flights are fuelled safely on time.
- Closely manage all non-routine work conducted onsite & ensure full compliance to ePTW, safe system operating work & related standards
- Contractor Safety Management
- Ensure daily inspections are conducted as per standards, this includes vehicle pre-use inspections & plant inspections & sampling are satisfactorily completed.
- Closely monitor the efficient/effective deployment of refuelling resources to prevent any flight delays - constantly monitor vehicle utilisation
- Schedule random visits to the Apron/Gantry to monitor/confirm Operational compliance to procedures - PPE, safety belts etc. - complete and submit Safety Check Form
- Ensure that all delayed flight notifications/reports have been fully completed – highlighting the reason for the delay Respond/attend to and investigate late fuelling's reported by airlines immediately - report findings within 24 hours to the Airport Manager, as well as appropriately responding to the airline representative who raised the item
- Approve overtime and monitor/manage the sick leave within staff.
- Host pre-shift safety tool box talk session with operations staff.
- Conduct Loss Prevention Observations with relation to all aspects of the operation
- Instigate initial Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Ensure that the deliveries documentation is completed timeously for capturing on the system
- Ensure we have enough flight receipts / SWD and syringes.
- Perform visual critical inspections as per the Quality Assurance Manual and as such be fully trained in such tasks and nominated as an Approved Product Quality Inspector. i.e.
- Checking the documentation on incoming consignments is correct and that it corresponds to the transport/container concerned
- Visual inspection and control checks on incoming material, including the checking of seals on vehicles if present.
- Release of product into fuellers
- Maintaining records of stock/quality/equipment checks as per SAOM
- Sampling of aviation products
- Manage stock of water detector capsules
- Conduct and supervise safety and quality control checks on fuelling equipment and fixed facility as laid down in CGA Operations Manual and Quality Control Manual. (Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly)
- Ensure all quality control, operational checks/tests, delivery reports and work permits are correctly signed and filed.
- Promote and actively support teamwork within the various work teams.
Auto req ID
Country of Work Location
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Port Elizabeth - Airfield
- Matriculated with Maths and English >60
- Minimum 5 years working in the Airport Fuelling Services
- Good Staff and Stakeholder Engagements Skills
- Hands on Mentality
- Resilient and flexible
- Minimum of Code 10 (C1)
- Well organised, independent and proactive
- Lead Permit Issuer
- MOC Skill assessment completed
- Fire Fighting certificate
City, State (if applicable)