B2B Marketing Implementer
Shell - Johannesburg, Gauteng
We are in search of a remarkable B2B Marketing Implementer who will be responsible for managing the B2B and Agriculture brand portfolio; ensure full implementation of the marketing agenda in priority sectors for South Africa, in alignment with regional and global strategy.
The right candidate should be able to monitor competitor activity, market share and trends; develop, manage and lead the implementation of effective marketing plans for the B2B brands, aligning with with sales counterpart and Brand & Communication specialists.
You will act as first interface with Lubricants Supply/Sales/Finance and the Distributor network in the country. The B2B Marketing Implementer will also act as coach to distributors on marketing-related activities, enabling distributors to succeed in growing volumes and value in their focus areas.
- Set brand priorities for both Direct and Indirect channel
- Be a real strategic player, able to anticipate trends and to set the future of the brands and channels in the category and to inspire sales teams in the growth journey of the country.
- Lead the Agri market entry and develop a clear sector strategy and marketing plan for the Agri Co-Ops channel as well as Agri Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Ensure a strong digital approach to marketing activities in the country.
- Develop, maintain and implement the brand /sector strategies covering:
- Pricing (Cross and Multi-channel)
- Product portfolio
- Training including Product & Sector knowledge and sales skills
- Customer Value Proposition
- Integrated marketing communications plan, including Marketing calendar. Strong emphasis on making the change from ‘traditional’ means of Marketing Communication to the digital era.
- Provide the fuel for growth, by being the owner of the pipeline fill process for the priority sectors in the key channels
- Ensure all marketing activities are evaluated in terms of return on investment (ROI) and a Pre and Post Investment Review (PIR) is disciplined implemented
- Drive strong (marketing) capabilities at distributors together with the Indirect Channel Excellence team and lead and coach the community of Distributor Marketing Managers to help distributors achieve their plan through tailored and effective marketing campaigns
- Improve distributor loyalty and quality of Distribution Value Proposition implementation as measured through annual Distributor Loyalty Tracker
- Support Pricing team in the establishment of competitor price collection processes and especially translating the competitor positioning prescribed in the brand maps into the collection process
Auto req ID
Commercial Business to Business (B2B)
Country of Work Location
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B Marketing / Sales with understanding of the appropriate marketing tools and principles
- Proven track record of success in commercial business activities; sales or marketing.
- Strong business analytical and problem-solving skills, commercial mindset.
- Curiosity and openness to new ways of working including embracing the digital era.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision, highly self-motivated and able to effectively manage various competing priorities.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Strong interface / stakeholder management skills and proven ability to work with influence and lead diverse teams outside the line as well as delivering results through others.
- Experience in delivering through Business partners, distributors, trade marketers will be an added advantage
- Ability to think strategically and to translate new concepts into operational plans
- Strong proven commercial skills and judgment
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to manage complex projects and handle numerous relationships
- Strong interpersonal and excellent organizational skills
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to say “no” even when under pressure.
- Language requirements: Must be fluent in English
City, State (if applicable)